What information is collected?
UIE collects personally identifiable information, including name, title, company, address, e-mail address, phone numbers, etc. You are not required to provide information to obtain access to any part of our Website.
Our Website server also collects the domain names of visitors to our Website. This information is aggregated to measure number of visits, average time spent on the UIE Website, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our Website and to improve content.
Who is collecting the information?
How is my information used?
UIE’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to facilitate business relationships and to enable us to contact you to fulfill requests. This information may also be used to provide you with a customized experience on our site, which includes interactive communications, and other services.
The UIE site may also contain optional surveys and questionnaires asking for information, as well as several opportunities for visitors to ask questions. We use the information you provide to help us design and build better services, to customize your experience, and to provide advice and recommendations. Taking part in any of these segments is always optional.
We also use the information we collect to help target valuable marketing and advertising offers. This kind of advertising may be done with banner ads as well as promotional emails sent by UIE, or by third parties under contract with UIE.
UIE may perform research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us when making a request, during a promotion, from surveys and from our server log files. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis to prevent identification of personal information relating to any one individual. UIE may share this aggregated data with our business partners.
With whom does UIE share my information?
Except as outlined in this policy or on our website, it is UIE’s policy not to provide your personal information to third parties without your consent.
UIE may match user information with third party data to help us better understand our customers (customer profiling). UIE may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Website to prospective business partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy on the Site, or wish to opt-out of any email list, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 148861
Nashville, TN 37214-8861
By accessing and browsing the URBANISLAND ENTERTAINMENT (UIE) Website (the “Site”), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You may download and print pages of the Site for private, noncommercial use, provided that you do not remove any attributions, copyright notices, or other proprietary notices from them or otherwise modify them. You may not, however, download or print pages of the Site for public or commercial purposes without UIE’s written permission. In addition, you may not, without UIE’s written permission, distribute, modify, reproduce, sell, offer to sell, transmit, prepare derivative works of, or otherwise use any pages of the Site, other text or images displayed on the Site, or other content or code provided on or otherwise made available in connection with the Site. (All the foregoing pages, text, images, and other content and code are referred to as “Site Materials.”)
- The Site Materials may include images of people or places that are either the property of, or used with permission by, UIE. Except to the extent, you are authorized by Section 1 to download and print unmodified pages of the Site for private, noncommercial use, and without limiting the restrictions set forth in Section 1, any use of these images by you, or anyone else purportedly authorized by you, is prohibited. Unauthorized use of such images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- UIE and its licensors retain all right, title, and interest in and to all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in or relating to the Site and the Site Materials. In addition, UIE and its licensors retain all right, title, and interest in and to all trademarks, service marks, logos, and other indicia of origin (collectively, the “Marks”) displayed on the Site. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Mark displayed on the Site without the written permission of UIE. Any use of the Marks by you, or anyone else purportedly authorized by you, is prohibited. You are also advised that UIE will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution when appropriate.
- The Site and all Site Materials are provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind. Neither UIE nor any other person or entity involved in creating, producing, delivering, or updating the Site (each a “Site Provider”) makes any representation or warranty concerning the Site, the Site Materials, or your use of the Site or any Site Materials. To the maximum extent permitted by law, UIE disclaims, on its own behalf and on behalf of any and all other Site Providers, any and all implied warranties that might otherwise arise or apply, including any implied warranty of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose and any implied warranty of title, non-infringement, or quiet enjoyment. Although UIE’s objective is to provide accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, neither UIE nor any other Site Provider makes any representation or warranty of accuracy, and neither UIE nor another Site Provider will have any responsibility or liability for any error or omission in any Site Materials. In addition, the use of antivirus and other security software is your responsibility, and neither UIE nor any other Site Provider will have any responsibility or liability for any virus, worm, or other malicious, intrusive, or otherwise harmful code that may be introduced into your computer equipment or other property as a result of your use of the Site or any Site Materials.
- Neither UIE nor any other Site Provider will be liable to you or any other person or entity for any damages, whether direct or indirect, arising out of or otherwise relating to the Site, the Site Materials, or your use of the Site or the Site Materials. In no event will UIE or any other Site Provider be liable to you or any other person or entity for any special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages. This exclusion of special, incidental, consequential, and punitive damages is independent of any other limitation of remedy.
- The Site may contain links to other websites or frames that contain pages, or portions of pages, of other websites (“Other Site Materials”). UIE has not necessarily reviewed such Other Site Materials and will not be responsible or liable to you or any other person or entity for any such Other Site Materials or their content or use. Any use by you of such Other Site Materials is at your own risk.
Although UIE may, from time to time, monitor or review postings, transmissions, uploads, etc. (collectively, “Postings”), if any, on the Site, UIE is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from any Posting, its content, or any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information in any Posting. You are prohibited from posting, transmitting, uploading, or otherwise causing to be placed on the Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or proprietary right of any third pay. UIE will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing UIE to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- UIE may, at any time, revise or update these Terms and Conditions, with or without notice, by updating this posting. The current Terms and Conditions can be found by clicking the hypertext link for Terms and Conditions on the Site.